City anchor: Cook of VIPs, a school dropout earns his Guinness moment
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Babu Maharaj told Newsline on Thursday that he used around 239 kg sugar, 107 kg besan (gram flour), 75 kg ghee and other essential ingredients for making the largest serving of ladoos and around 5,680 were sold during Diwali.
Babu Maharaj, who takes catering orders for wedding functions and other celebrations, is a favourite chef with many noted personalities, including high-profile politicians and artistes.
"Late chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh enjoyed my delicacies, especially 'puri-bhaji'. I was also the head cook during the recent wedding function of Forest Minister Patangrao Kadam. Many film artistes have given me a call when any celebration is planned at their homes," he said, adding that even the Guinness crew relished his delicacies.
Describing Babu Maharaj as honest and hard-working, Poona Merchant's Chamber president Ajit Setiya said the cook had a major role in helping them achieve the feat.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow