City briefs: Geetika motherís autopsy says she died of asphyxia
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
New Delhi:Delhi Police on Monday said Anuradha Sharma, mother of airhostess Geetika Sharma, died of asphyxia and ruled out any foul play in the death of the 52-year-old. Anuradha committed suicide by hanging herself last week, six months after her daughter Geetika's suicide. Geetika, who worked with MDLR Airlines, committed suicide last year alleging "mental harassment" by her boss Gopal Goyal Kanda. "Anuradha Sharma's post-mortem report indicates asphyxia as the cause of her death," an officer said. Her body was sent for post-mortem to Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital in Jahangirpuri.
Sub-inspector, friend assaulted by snatchers
New Delhi:A Delhi Police sub-inspector was assaulted by two men on a motorcycle, when he tried to stop a snatching attempt in Paharganj, Central Delhi. On Saturday, S-I Deshpal Singh (58) and his friend Surender were going to a shop near Chuna Mandi in Paharganj when the pillion rider tried to snatch Surender's mobile phone. "Singh tried to resist but the men on the motorcycle picked up stones from the road and hurled them at him. The bikers fled with their mobile phones and Singh's wallet," a senior police officer said.
10 more buses added to cluster service
New Delhi:A fresh batch of 10 buses will be added to city's cluster bus service, being operated by private parties under PPP model. With the induction of the new fleet, the total number of buses under the cluster service will go up to 440.
The new buses, part of cluster two, will ply from Abul Fazal Enclave to Dhaula Kuan.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held