City briefs : Gurnani slams ton
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Aman Gurnani was the star for Ryan Academy as he stroked a fluent century in the company of Vineet Beniwal which helped their team post an imposing total against Dev Academy. Gurnani's unbeaten 105 runs set the perfect platform for Ryan Academy. Vineet Beniwal returned to scalp three wickets giving away just 30 runs.
Brief score: Ryan Academy 228 for 4 in 35 overs (A Gurnani 105 n.o., V Beniwal 56) Dev Academy 214 all out in 33.4 overs (J Ahuja 85, A Kumar 29; V Beniwal 3/30)
All-round effort by Yogesh
Yogesh Arya put in a fine all-round effort to help West Delhi Hari Nagar beat KSCA in the Swastik Sports cricket tournament. The match played at the Ghevra ground saw West Delhi Hari Nagar bat first and put up 156 runs in 35 overs with Arya scoring 30 runs. Arya came back to snap up three wickets for 28 runs which was instrumental in restricting KSCA to 130 runs.
Brief score: West Delhi Hari Nagar 156 for 8 in 35 overs (A Pratap 44, Y Arya 30; S Sehrawat 4/22, G Chaudhary 3/26) KSCA 130 all out in 29.4 overs (M Kumar 46, G Chaudhary 32; V Sethi 4/19, Y Arya 3/28)
Udit takes three
Udit Kumar bowled a tight spell picking up three wickets which helped his team Hare Krishna Club restrict Dev Academy to a paltry 126 runs for the loss of ten wickets in 33.4 overs. Kumar then returned and scored 48 runs to help his team chase down Dev Club's score quite easily.
Brief score: Dev Academy 126 all out in 33.4 overs (V Chillar 63, U. Kumar 3/05) Hare Krishna club 129 for 6 in 33.5 overs (U Kumar 48; R Sohal 3/31, M Rawat 2/18)
State Billiards in September
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’