- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Shopkeeper killed in Ambedkar Nagar
Ludhiana:A 24-year-old man was killed while he was sitting at his shop in Ambedkar Nagar on Wednesday evening. The accused first broke the glass bottle on his head and later attacked him with sharp-edged weapons in his stomach, chest and other parts of the body. Though the nearby shopkeepers tried to help, the culprits ran away after the crime. The victim, Amit Kumar, was rushed to DMCH where he was declared dead on arrival. Police have booked one Manjit, Surjit Kumar and two others with whom Amit had old enmity.
Theft at Punjab Handlooms
Ludhiana:Four thieves made away with goods worth Rs 1.5 lakh and Rs 40,000 in cash from Punjab Handlooms. The CCTV cameras have recorded the crime with the faces of the thieves clearly visible. The thieves went on all the floors.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM