- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
New Year eve: Cops to be on duty from 4 pm to 2 am
Ludhiana:For New Year eve, the Ludhiana police has divided the city into 12 sectors. Every sector and probable party places will be having nakabandi by an incharge officer. The police will be on duty from 4 pm to 2 am. "Party places like Sarabha Nagar, Lodhi Club, Ludhiana Club, Sutlej Club, Ansal Plaza, Westend Mall and others will be guarded by officers, and stringent action will be taken against drunk drivers and hooligans," said Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh. Emergency numbers: 100/2415932/2415933/ 98151-00251.
Khanna college gets grant for seminar hall
Ludhiana:MP Sukhdev Singh Libra on Sunday released a grant of Rs 1.80 lakh to AS College, Khanna, for the construction of a new seminar hall.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations