- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Leprosy eliminated in Delhi: Minister
New Delhi:Health Minster Dr A K Walia on Thursday said leprosy has been eliminated in Delhi, in accordance with WHO definition. He said in 2001, the prevalence of leprosy in Delhi was 4.5 cases per 10,000 population and has now come down to 0.8 cases per 10,000 people. According to WHO, when the number of leprosy patients goes below one case per 10,000 people, the disease is said to have been eliminated as a public health problem. "It is a matter of great satisfaction that Delhi has been able to achieve this. At the same time, we should not become complacent about this and continue our efforts for complete eradication of leprosy," Dr Walia said.
Fire in GTB hospital trauma ICU
New Delhi:An air-conditioner in the trauma ICU of Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital caught fire on Thursday evening. Sources said two patients who were admitted on ventilator support, were wheeled out in time, and a third patient had been taken for dialysis when the fire started. The fire was controlled within 15-20 minutes. According to a Fire official, "The fire was reported at 4.15 pm. An attendant of a patient noticed it and alerted the hospital staff, who called us immediately." No damage to life or property has been reported, according to officials.
Three arrested for murder, robbery
New Delhi:Three persons were arrested on Wednesday for robbing and killing a 25-year-old lab technician in Saket, South Delhi, on January 17. Police said Kartik, Dilip and Deepak were arrested for stabbing Kundan Sharma to death and fleeing with his mobile phone and other valuables. A case of murder and robbery had been registered at the Saket police station in this regard.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'