- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Sir Ganga Ram Trust Society chairman dies at 88
New Delhi:Sir Ganga Ram Trust Society Chairman Tej Ram passed away on Monday following a brain haemorrhage. He was 88. Born in 1924, Ram was closely associated with Sir Ganga Ram Hospital for the past 30 years. "He was upright, honest and a man of conviction with full of compassion," a statement from the hospital said. Ram was the grandson of philanthropist the late Sir Ganga Ram. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital was established in 1921 in Lahore and later in New Delhi in 1954. "As a mark of respect, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital will remain closed on September 4, except for emergency services," the statement said.
Property dealer shot dead in Kalkaji
New Delhi:A property dealer was shot dead by a security guard after a dispute over parking space in South Delhi's Kalkaji area on Monday night. Additional CP (Southeast) Ajay Chaudhary said Gopal Singh Negi (27) had an argument with the owner of a shop over parking space for a motorcycle and the security guard of the shop killed him at 8.45 pm. "The argument was about parking space. Both parties abused each other and the security guard fired once in the air. Then he shot Negi and fled the scene. The man was rushed to Holy Family Hospital where he was declared brought dead," Ramesh Singh, a property dealer, said.
BRT case shifted to another bench
New Delhi:The Delhi High Court on Monday transferred a plea, seeking a direction to the city government to scrap the BRT corridor, to another bench for "urgent hearing". Deferring final arguments in the matter to September 10, the bench of Acting Chief Justice A K Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw transferred the matter to another bench, saying "this matter needs an urgent hearing and it is not possible for this court to hear and grant relief urgently". Justice Sikri is likely to be elevated as Chief Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court soon.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM