City bus service completes a year
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
It was time for celebrations for the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation as the City Bus Service completed one year of service on Friday. Not only did the civic body make special arrangements to celebrate the success, it also distributed invitation cards to celebrate the birthday of the bus service.
Talking to Newsline, Baljeet Singh, manager of the Bus Service, in an ecstatic mood, said, "We are celebrating as the bus service got an overwhelming response from the city. Guru Granth Sahib Path was started at our city bus office and free langar was distributed the whole day. All are invited to the bhog ceremony of path on Saturday."
Singh added that 'a positive image for the Bus Service in the mind of residents has been created due to the services provided in one year and another fleet of 20 new buses will join the existing 20 by March this year. The route for the 20 new buses is still to be decided. 11 buses are expected to arrive first."
He further said that 'the total of 200 buses as per the final project will be on roads by October this year."
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet