City feels the chill at 7.9°C, temperature to dip further
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
On Monday, the Met department recorded a minimum temperature of 7.9 degrees celsius for the city which was 6.4 degrees below normal. The last time the city witnessed this temperature around this time was on November 30, 1975.
With cold wave conditions persisting in Pune and Madhya Maharashtra, the temperature is likely to dip further in these areas. "The temperature has dipped because of cold northerlies, clear skies and no moisture incursion,'' said PCS Rao, director, (weather central), IMD.
He said similar low temperatures were observed in the past when temperatures hovered around 7-8 degrees. However, in the past the city has also seen temperatures around 6 degrees.
On November 28, 1984, the minimum temperature recorded was 6.2 degrees and on November 23, 1981, it was 6.8 degrees. The lowest ever for the month stands at 4.6 degrees recorded on November 27, 1964.
The past decade has recorded a little over 8 degrees, with November 23, 2007 and November 22, 2005 recording 8.3 degrees.
"While it was 8 degrees on November 27, 1993, it was 8.2 degrees on November 30 November 1988 and 7.1 degrees on November 4, 1983," said Rao.
Last year, the lowest temperature recorded in November was 10.7 degrees on November 18.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’