City records coldest day of season
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Kolkata recorded the lowest temperature of season so far with mercury dipping to 12 degree Celsius on Sunday — two degree Celsius below the normal. Temperature in Purulia and Ayodhya dropped to 7.2 and 5.7 degrees Celsius respectively. According to the Met office forecast for the next 48 hours, there may be slight increase in temperature, but the cold weather looks set to stay till Christmas. Meanwhile seven long-distance trains, including Kalka Mail , Amritsar Mail, started late due to the fog.
Bangla nationals enter Nadia village, attack house
Krishnagar: A group of people from Bangladesh allegedly attacked a villager at his house in a place close to the border in Nadia district and beat him in the early hours on Sunday. Police said one of the intruders was caught and beaten severely by residents of Betai-Bishtunagar village in the Tehatta police station area. Both were rushed to Shaktinagar District Hospital in Krishnagar, Nadia Police Superintendent, Sabyasachi Raman Mishra said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations