City round up
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Willingdon SC regain golf title
Former champions Willingdon Sports Club raised a toast while regaining the 17th Grover Vineyards Inter-Club Golf Championship on Sunday. Leading with 22 points on the opening day of the two-day competition, conducted on the lines of the Ryder Cup round-robin matchplay format, the hosts added 17.5 points on the second and concluding day to snatch the title with its highest total ever of 39.5 points for a dominating victory. US Club, who were third on the board on Saturday, recovered to finish second with 26.5 points pushing BPGC to third with 24 and defending champions Poona Club ended with 18 points.
Central Bank hold Renaissance 1-1
Central Bank of India showed great fighting qualities as they rallied from a first half 1-0 deficit to force a 1-1 draw with Renaissance SC in a Super Division match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League 2012-13, at the Poinsur Gymkhana ground on Monday morning. Cyrus D'Souza struck in the 26th minute to put Renaissance in front before Melwyn Vaz hit the target in the 77th minute to restore parity for the bankmen.
Results: At Poinsur Gymkhana ground – Super Div: Renaissance SC 1 (Cyrus D'Souza 26th minute) drew with Central Bank of India 1 (Melwyn Vaz).
Young Guns, Miners win easily
Young Guns and Miners SC scored identical 2-0 margin of victories from their respective First Division matches of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League 2012-13, at the St. Xavier's ground, Parel on Monday evening. The Young Guns outfit defeated Reserve Bank of India, while Miners blanked Dadar FC.
Results: at St. Xavier's ground, Parel –Div-I: Young Guns 2 (Anirudha Saha, Karan Durante) beat Reserve Bank of India 0. Carmelites 0 drew with Falcons SC, Mulund 0. Miners SC 2 (Shavez Surve, Deepak Sharma) beat Dadar FC 0.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'