City round-up: IDBI unplug MTNL
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
IDBI proved too good for MTNL as they romped to a 3-0 win in a Division II match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League at the St Xavier's Ground Parel on Wednesday. Amey Kadam, Aman Tangid and Pratemesh Sawant scored one goal apiece to share the victors' spoils.
In another contest in the same division, Nikhil Makhwana's triple strikes helped Athens SC to record a comfortable 4-1 victory against Mahalaxmi. Omkar Vartak netted the other goals for the victors, while Aditya Barucha struck the lone goal for the losers.
Results: Div-II: FC Khar Sporting 2 (Vishal Talwalkar, Mohan Thapa) drew with Challengers SC 2 (Tohid Khan, Vasu Chethiya); Bharat FC 4 (Amarjit Gad 2, Sushant Jadhav 2) bt Mumbai United Under-19 1 (Dylan Ferrao); Athens SC 4 (Nikhil Makhwana 3, Omkar Vartak) bt Mahalaxmi FC 1 (Aditya Barucha); IDBI 3 (Amey Kadam, Aman Tangid, Pratemesh Sawant) bt MTNL 0.
Bomeet 'tricks for Egyptian Boys
Powered by Bomeet Yakwadia's superb hat-trick, Egyptian Boys outplayed New Air India Colony 3-0 in a men's league encounter of the 13th Kalina Football League (KFL) organised by the Sports Committee of Our Lady of Egypt Church and played at the church ground.
In another evenly-fought contest, Kalina Rangers and Kalina Village Boys played out a 1-1 draw. Neil D'Costa was on target for Rangers and Cletus Chandrashekar scored for the Village Boys.
Earlier in a veterans encounter, Andheri East tamed Mahim by two goals to nil. The men responsible for the win were Joe Dias and Anton Saldanha, both scoring one goal each.
Results: Mens' league: Egyptian Boys 3 (Bomeet Yakwadia 3) bt New Air-India Colony 0; Rovers 2 (Savio Rodrigues, Joyson Galbano) bt Indian FC 0; Oceanics 1 (Sanna Modoli) bt Air-India Colony 0; Kalina United 1 (Sai Khambe) drew with Nester Compound 1 (Kapil Jadhav); Kalina Rangers 1 (Neil D'Costa) drew with Kalina Village Boys 1 (Cletus Chandrashekar); Veterans: Andheri West 3 (Sandeep Dongrikar 2, Tushar Chimihr) bt Bandra 1 (Clarence Remedious); Vile Parle 2 (Trevor Fernandes, Osborne D'Souza) bt Kalina 0; Andheri East 2 (Joe Dias, Anton Saldanha) bt Mahim 0.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'