City round-up: Pune FC take on Mumbai FC today
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
After suffering a 2-3 loss to Pailan Arrows in their I-League opener, Mumbai FC would look to make amends as they travel to Pune FC to play in a Maharashtra derby here tomorrow. Mumbai FC manager Khalid Jamil played a chasing game all through the last season before narrowly surviving relegation, and he will surely not like to be in the same position this time around. The Mumbai team checked here four days ahead of the match to help themselves acclimatise better.
In sharp contrast, Pune FC are riding high after their thrilling 3-2 win against ONGC FC in their opening match -- their best-ever start in four appearances since 2009. The home side began with a setback when their prized acquisition James Moga was rushed to hospital due to stomach illness. But Subhash Singh, who was drafted in for Moga at the eleventh hour in the starting line-up, gave good measure of himself as he combined with Shrikanth Ramu to create chances in the right wing.
Shanon braces IDBI to victory
Shanon Pereira's twin strikes steered IDBI SC to a facile 3-0 margin of victory against Classic FC in a Division II match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League at the St Xavier's Ground Parel on Wednesday. Amey Kadam netted the other goal to seal their win.
Earlier, in a Division III encounter, which also turned out to be a one-sided affair, Borivalian Staedfast blanked MMC SC by a convincing 4-0 margin. Leading the Borivali outfit's charge was striker Zahid Safeda, who struck a brace. Imitiaz Shaikh and Kundan Chandra added the other two goals to complete the tally.
Results: Div-II: IDBI 3 (Shanon Pereira 2, Amey Kadam) bt Classic FC 0; Div-III: Akanksha Foundation 0 drew with Poisur Gymkhana 0; Borivalian Steadfast 4 (Zahid Safeda 2, Imtiaz Shaikh, Kundan Chandra) bt MMC SC 0.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow