- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Children's Academy claim third title
CHILDREN'S Academy from Malad clinched their third title of the season as they got the better of Don Bosco, Matunga 3-2 in the final of the Mumbai Schools Sports Association (MSSA) U-14 Inter-school knockout hockey tournament held at the St Stanislaus High School ground in Bandra. Hemant Phadikar scored two goals and Jay Agarwal netted one for the champs, while Don Bosco got their goals through Bryce Miranda and Ayush Shetty. In the girls' final, Carmel of St Joseph, Malad rode on Lynette Lobo's strike to defeat Durello Convent, Bandra 1-0.
Results: Children Academy 3 (Hemant Phadikar 2, Jay Agarwal) bt Don Bosco 2 (Bryce Miranda, Ayush Shetty); Girls' U-14 final: Carmel of St Joseph, Malad 1 (Lynette Lobo) bt Durello Convent, Bandra 0.
East Indians blindside Sea View
G M FRANCO East Indians scored a fluent 3-1 win over Sea View SC in a Super Division match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League at the Poinsur Gymkhana ground on Monday evening. Michael Idewele, Clint Fernandes and Manish Koli were on target for the winners, while Rakesh Dhanu reduced the margin for the losers.
Results: Super Div: Soccer XI 0 drew with Income Tax 0; Greater Mumbai Police 2 (Nilesh Koregaonkar, Amir Shaikh) drew with Mumbai Muslims 2 (Hiten Mahida, Jiten Koli); G M East Indians 3 (Michael Idewele, Clint Fernandes, Manish Koli) bt Sea View SC 1 (Rakesh Dhanu).
St Andrew's, Rizvi in GSA final
BANDRA college outfits, St Andrew's and Rizvi advanced to the final of the Goan Sports Association (GSA) organised Inter-Collegiate football tournament. Andrew's blanked Dalmiya College 2-0, while Rizvi overcame Thakur College 2-1, at the Goa Sports Association (GSA) ground, Cross Maidan on Monday.
Results: Semi Final: Rizvi College 2 (Kevin Patrick, Marvin Stevens) bt Thakur College 1 (Digvijay Yadav); St Andrew's College 2 (Elton Quados, Scott D'Souza) bt Dalmiya College 0.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Mumbai police say they too may seek custody of arrested pacer
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet