citybriefs: ATM van robbery: Driver arrested
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
NEW DELHI: A man involved in Friday's ATM cash van robbery case in Mahender Park has been arrested.
Rs 47 lakh have been recovered from Ompal, police said. A total of Rs 51 lakh was looted from the van. DCP (Northwest) Dr P Karunakaran confirmed the arrest, but refused to give details. The driver had drugged two security guards of Logicash ATM cash van before fleeing with with the cash.
More ICU beds in Delhi govt hospitals
NEW DELHI: The Delhi government will increase the number of beds in ICU in its hospitals, considering the special care needed for the elderly. Health Minister Dr A K Walia announced on Monday, the International Day of Senior Citizens, that 10 more ICU beds will be made available in all hospitals, starting with Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in East Delhi. Delhi currently has 14 lakh senior citizens.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet