citybriefs: HC blast case trial resumes
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
New Delhi: The trial of the 2011 Delhi High Court blast accused Wasim Akram Malik commenced in the special NIA court on Monday with the court of District Judge H S Sharma recording the testimony of co-accused turned approver Amir Abbas Dev in an in-camera proceeding. Malik, reportedly a medical student from Bangladesh, is facing trial after the court found prima facie evidence against him under the Explosive Substance Act, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and under various sections of the IPC. Dev was initially arrested as a co-accused, but was granted pardon after he agreed to turn approver and depose in the case.
Sacked from job for stealing, man steals employer's bike
New Delhi: The manager of a boutique in MGF Mall, Saket, was arrested in connection for theft of his former employer's motorcycle. Javed Khan (24) reportedly told police that he stole the motorcycle to teach his former employee "a lesson". Police said Javed was removed from his job on charges of theft. Police said the theft of the motorcycle was reported at the Saket police station by Kovid Karanwal. "We arrested Khan, who confessed to his role in the theft," a police officer said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held