Civic body standing committee approves road & park project
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The panel sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for constructing pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lifts in Hadapsar buildings under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved
The Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) standing committee on Monday approved construction of a village park and a road in Lohegaon. The park located at Sanjay Nimhan garden in Pashan in Someshwarwadi has a budget of Rs 2.31 crore. The road will connect slums at Lohegaon to the main road. The move is part of the PMC's scheme that aims at developing economically weaker sections of the society.
The standing committee also sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for construction of pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lift service in the buildings developed in Hadapsar under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved.
The proposal for increasing the charges of rent of Jawarharlal Nehru stadium was rejected by the committee saying that it was the only big ground for sports available in the heart of the city. "It will be improper to increase the rent as many people don't have any other option," said Baburao Chandere, chairman, standing committee.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM