Civic body standing committee approves road & park project
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The panel sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for constructing pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lifts in Hadapsar buildings under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved
The Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) standing committee on Monday approved construction of a village park and a road in Lohegaon. The park located at Sanjay Nimhan garden in Pashan in Someshwarwadi has a budget of Rs 2.31 crore. The road will connect slums at Lohegaon to the main road. The move is part of the PMC's scheme that aims at developing economically weaker sections of the society.
The standing committee also sanctioned Rs 48.67 lakh for construction of pedestrian crossing on various roads under JNNURM. The proposal of installing lift service in the buildings developed in Hadapsar under the slum rehabilitation scheme was also approved.
The proposal for increasing the charges of rent of Jawarharlal Nehru stadium was rejected by the committee saying that it was the only big ground for sports available in the heart of the city. "It will be improper to increase the rent as many people don't have any other option," said Baburao Chandere, chairman, standing committee.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'