Civic body to organise flower show on March 2
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Facing flak for doing nothing to maintain greenery in the city or promote it, the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation is going to organise a flower show on March 2.
The man behind this 'green' idea is newly appointed zonal commissioner, zone A, Sumeet Jarangal. He has opened the show for the residents as well. "The show is open for residents and they can come with their floral creations. It will be a boon for a polluted city like Ludhiana," said Jarangal, who also heads the horticulture department.
The flower show had been a regular endeavour since 1999 but was stopped midway due to lack of interest by MC officials. A flower show in 2012 was too held by ex-MC commissioner M S Jaggi but got a lukewarm response.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations