Class VI girl repeatedly raped in Ambala, gets pregnant
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Surfacing of rape cases continued unabated in Haryana, with a minor girl in Ambala alleging that she was repeatedly raped by a married youth which made her pregnant.
The victim, a student of Class VI, revealed this to her family members after being diagnosed pregnant during medical examination at a civil hospital here yesterday, police said.
She was taken to the hospital following complain of pain in the abdomen.
The girl told them that over the past several months, she was repeatedly raped by a married youth Deepak, a resident of a nearby locality, who also threatened to kill her if she told about this to anybody.
The accused was arrested by the police today and a case of rape has been registered against him, DCP (Ambala) Ashok Kumar said.
The girl has been referred to civil hospital in Panchkula for ultrasound examination.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet