Cleaning staff electrocuted in Noida bar
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A 19-year-old man was electrocuted on Thursday morning at an upscale bar in Sector 26 in Noida. Police said Hasan Mandal, hailing from West Bengal, was part of the cleaning staff at 'Gravity', a bar in Jaipuria Mall in Sector 26.
A police officer said, "The incident took place around 2.30 am, after the bar had closed for the night. Mandal was wiping the floor with a wet cloth, when he came into contact with a live wire under the refrigerator. He was rushed to a nearby hospital by his colleagues, where he died. His body has been sent for post-mortem examination."
The officer said no case has been registered so far. "We have not received a complaint so far. But we are looking at whether there was any negligence on the part of the management of the bar. If we find anything to this end, then we will take action. We are speaking to representatives of the management to find out more about the incident," the officer said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet