Click on a Canvas
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A new online gallery aims to bring art closer to its patrons
For as long as she can remember, Baani Sekhon has always been surrounded by art. The city-based painter, who has worked in the commercial art sector for more than 13 years, is now celebrating creativity in a new way — through an online gallery called Ocher Art.
A collaborative effort between Sekhon, Gurpashna Sekhon, an amateur artist and art collector, and Karamjeet Singh, an art lover and collector, Ocher Art aims to work closely with artists and bridge the gap between art and art lovers. Saying that the art world in Chandigarh is less commercial than in other cities, she adds, "Art enthusiasts in Chandigarh don't have preconceived ideas about art. There is a scope to be explored, which is a thrilling challenge for us."
Apart from paintings, the website also features digital art, photographs, sculptures and multimedia creations. The site offers free membership to both artists and patrons. The former will be able to update their portfolios and explain their works, so that visitors can understand the themes.
Buyers, on the other hand, can use the product filters to find a perfect piece.
Separate pages are dedicated to solo and group exhibitions organised in the virtual place. "The idea is to connect online with offline reality and have long-term associations with artists. Apart from artists from Chandigarh, the site will feature names from other parts of the country too," says Baani.
The internet has accelerated the pace with which art lovers can connect to the art world, she says, adding that Ocher Art doesn't want to ignore the traditional method of viewing art physically. "Every three months, we will put up exhibitions of works by artists featured in our online gallery. The aim is to bring artists who have not been exposed to this region,"
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held