CM announces Rs 20 lakh relief for Delhi rape victimís kin
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced a financial relief of Rs 20 lakh from his discretionary fund for the family of the Delhi gangrape victim who died on Saturday.
The chief minister said that the victim was a daughter of UP. Earlier, Akhilesh had announced a financial relief of Rs 5 lakh while the victim was undergoing treatment. He had also announced that the state government will bear the cost of her medical treatment and had offered her a government job.
Meanwhile in the state...
BJP demands removal of MoS accused of rape
Lucknow: The BJP on Monday demanded that the SP government remove Minister of State for Civil Defence Manoj Paras, who is accused in a rape case. State BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai said two other SP MLAs ó Anoop Sanda and Bhagwan Sharma "Guddu" ó also faced rape charges and demanded their resignation from the membership of the Assembly also. He alleged that the number of rape cases had increased in the state during the SP rule.
20-year-old 'raped' in Kushinagar
Lucknow: A 20-year-old woman was allegedly raped by a man from her village in Kasyan area of Kushinagar district on Sunday. Police have arrested the accused, Nandlal Jaiswal and his friend Manoj Jaiswal, who allegedly tried to film her during the incident. Kasyan SO Chand Hussain said the woman was sleeping in her house in Naugawan village while other family members slept in different rooms when the accused entered her room around 9 pm Sunday.
Man held for throwing acid on two
Lucknow: The Muzaffar Nagar police have arrested a man for allegedly attacking two women by throwing acid on them on Saturday in Civil Lines area. He was identified as Pawan, a resident of Jankpuri locality. The condition of both women is stable. The police said Pawan confessed to the crime and said he had a relationship with one of them. On Monday, he was produced in court which sent him to judicial custody.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held