CM invites President to state function
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has invited President Pranab Mukherjee to be the chief guest at the function to be organised in Lucknow in January to celebrate the completion of 125 years of the state legislature.
He wrote a letter to the President on Sunday requesting any date between January 8 to 10 when the function could be organised.
The CM has also written letters to Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology Kapil Sibal, requesting to issue a special commemorative postal stamp. He has also written to Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram to release a special coin on the occasion.
In the letter to President, the CM has written that the UP Legislature had a rich history and legislature members wish to invite him on the occasion. The government has already planned a special sitting of the House on January 8, the day it was constituted in 1887 under the Indian Council Act of 1861. Its first meeting was held in Thornhill Memorial Hall in Allahabad.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held