CM writes to Bansal, asks for rail link to Mubaraqpur
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has written to Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, requesting him for laying a new railway track between Varanasi and Gorakhpur via Mubaraqpur for the benefit of weavers.
Mubaraqpur in Azamgarh district is famous for Banarsi sarees. In his letter, the chief minister has stated that weavers from Mubaraqpur, who make Banarsi sarees, depend on the raw material which is sourced from Surat, Bengaluru and Malda in West Bengal. Some material is even imported from China. In absence of any direct rail route, the weavers of Mubaraqpur are dependent on the middlemen. A railway track between Varanasi and Gorakhpur via Mubaraqpur will solve the transportation problems of the weavers to a large extent and also benefit them financially.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow