CN and heard
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
However, the press release had glaring mistakes signifying the casual approach with which these releases are sent. The press release stated, "Congratulating all the PCS probationers, Mr Patil asked them that what motivated them to join the Civil Services. After hearing their views, the Punjab Governor pronounces himself satisfied with the replies".
Even the UT Administrator's Republic Day speech was full of bloopers. It's high time that the UT hires responsible writers who have good command over the queen's language.
No more, please
Former Director General of Police (DGP) PK Srivastava played safe by not giving any quotable quotes to the city journalists in the last one week before his retirement on November 30.
Many journalists went to DGP Srivastava asking about his time in Chandigarh and the only response he would give with a grin on his face was, "I had a nice time here in Chandigarh. For all the other critical details contact me after November 30". A witty smile that followed this sentence conveyed all that he had to say. Truth is, the former DGP had been keeping his fingers crossed. "I just pray that these last few days should be peaceful. I do not want any controversy before I leave," he smiled.
On Saturday, even though Ronjon Singh Sodhi had failed to make it to the Double Trap finals in the Second Asian Shooting Championship, Sodhi was there all the time in the stands during the match cheering up for Athens Olympics silver medallist and fellow shooter Colonel Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.
With the rest of the Indian shooters also joining Sodhi in the stands, the shooters shouted 'Chilly Da go, Chilly Da go'.
With Rathore winning the bronze medal, the shooters later gathered around Rathore and leading the charge was once again Ronjon Sodhi.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM