CN and heard
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
To keep an eye on the officials and to ensure that they are available for public dealing, the deputy commissioner got CCTV cameras installed in the office of tehsildars and registrar who sit in another building other than the one where the DC sits. But this has not gone down well with the tehsildars as the cameras are so strategically placed that even the slightest movement in office or public dealing is captured much to their annoyance. The monitors of the CCTV cameras are in the DC's office. The officials are now forced to be available for the public throughout the public hours.
While all the senior officers of the Chandigarh police department are keeping a distance from the media since the arrest of the Superintendent of Police, City, there is one officer who never "knows anything". Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), operations, RS Ghumman, does not have an 'idea' about anything. When the PGI exam scam was busted, on November 9 the UT police had received a complaint letter from the PGIMER authorities. On that day, SSP Naunihal Singh was on leave and so, SSP Ghumman was the officiating SSP City. When asked the reason why the police did not take action, he replied, "We did not get any formal complaint", but there was a copy of the e-mail attached to the complaint that PGI had submitted. Also, when the Station House Officer (SHO) of the police station, Sector 23 was transferred to police lines, it was after an inquiry which was initiated by SSP Ghumman. On the night when the orders were passed, Newsline called up to ask the SSP about the outcome of the inquiry report, surprisingly, he said, "I don't know anything", and hung up the phone.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow