Coach Dav Whatmore under fire, as Pakistan saw humiliating defeat
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
"Even when Misbah and Hafeez are making wrong calls, Whatmore is not taking a stand or telling them that they are wrong. Apparently he does not want to spoil his relations with them and put his position in danger," another source said.
Cricket analysts believe that unless the team turns around its performance in the last Test and in the one-dayers and T20s in South Africa, Whatmore could face some hard questions from the board chairman.
The Australian has been hired on a two-year contract by the board in place of Mohsin Khan, who had led Pakistan to Test series wins over Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and England before being asked to step down.
Dav Whatmore is also the coach for Shah Rukh Khan's team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in IPL.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations