Cognizant earnings spur TCS, Infosys, Wipro shares
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
India's software services exporters gain, with Infosys Ltd up 0.4 percent, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) up 3 percent, and Wipro Ltd up 1.2 percent.
* Gains come a day after Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp's quarterly profit modestly beat estimates, helped by a rise in demand from Europe.
* The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive threat, analysts say.
* Barclays says Cognizant's annual guidance "poses no risk" to its forecasts for Indian IT companies and indicates company's revenue growth would continue to lag Infosys for another quarter.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow