Col Mishra new chief postmaster general
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Col Mishra assumed charge on January 23
Col K C Mishra, Postmaster General, Pune Region, has been promoted to Higher Administrative Grade and is the new Chief Postmaster General of Maharashtra and Goa Circle, an official release said. He assumed charge on January 23.
While working as Postmaster General, Pune, from October 24, 2010 to January 22, 2013, Mishra had brought about qualitative improvement in postal services and revenue generation.
He had generated revenue worth Rs.179.42 crore from Postal Operations and SBCC from April to December 2012 in the financial year 2012-13, which was 34 per cent higher than the revenue of Rs134.07 crore generated during the corresponding period in the previous
He also showed a remarkable growth in the area of net live accounts of all categories, adding 34,15,412 net live accounts from January, 2011 to December, 2012 in Pune region, which is an all time record in Maharashtra Circle.
Mishra did exceptionally well in the areas of Mail
Network Optimisation Project and Project Arrow, and in Core Banking Solutions Project.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations