Cold conditions back at most places in Punjab & Haryana
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Cold conditions were back on Thursday at most places in Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar braving the chill at 4.4 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states recording two notches below normal low, the minimum temperatures also dropped below normal at Ludhiana (7.8 deg C) and Patiala (7.9 deg C).
After witnessing rainy weather for past 3-4 days, it was a bright sun shine in Chandigarh today, but the night was cold at 7.3 deg C.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest place recording a low of 6.2 deg C, down two notches, the MeT said here.
Karnal, too, experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg C, one below normal, while Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.4 deg C respectively.
While the night temperatures dropped today, but most places in the two states were this morning greeted by a bright sun shine after inclement weather during the past few days.
The MeT said fog reduced visibility early today at Amritsar and Hisar. In its forecast, they said minimum temperatures may hover a notch or two below normal levels in Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'