Community centre inaugurated
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Friday inaugurated the renovated community centre in Sector 47. The renovation has been going on since last year. The community centre has now been equipped with new facilities.
Addressing the gathering, the Mayor said that the community centre will be useful for the local residents to hold social gatherings.
Area councillor Davesh Moudgil, other councillors and officers of the civic body were present along with the residents of the area. Moudgil said that with the facility of gym, badminton court and table tennis room, the area residents and children can undertake a number of activities here. The community centre is equipped with sufficient facilities to enable it to be used for two marriage functions at one time.
The community centre was developed at a cost of Rs 1.45 crores. Spread over an area of 2.20 acres, it also has a banquet hall, two kitchens, 12 furnished rooms a multipurpose hall.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held