Community centre inaugurated
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Mayor Raj Bala Malik on Friday inaugurated the renovated community centre in Sector 47. The renovation has been going on since last year. The community centre has now been equipped with new facilities.
Addressing the gathering, the Mayor said that the community centre will be useful for the local residents to hold social gatherings.
Area councillor Davesh Moudgil, other councillors and officers of the civic body were present along with the residents of the area. Moudgil said that with the facility of gym, badminton court and table tennis room, the area residents and children can undertake a number of activities here. The community centre is equipped with sufficient facilities to enable it to be used for two marriage functions at one time.
The community centre was developed at a cost of Rs 1.45 crores. Spread over an area of 2.20 acres, it also has a banquet hall, two kitchens, 12 furnished rooms a multipurpose hall.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'