Complaint registered against Rakhi Sawant
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
The Oshiwara police registered a non-cognizable offence against actor Rakhi Sawant. A 31-year-old fashion designer approached the police alleging that Sawant had verbally abused her when she called asking about her payment on Friday.
Pooja Shukla, in her complaint, claimed that she had been designing clothes for Sawant for the past two years. She said that three months ago, she made 40 dresses for the actor, costing Rs 1.2 lakh, for which Sawant had not paid.
"We have registered a non-cognizable complaint under Sections 504 for intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace and 506 for criminal intimidation under the Indian Penal Code based on Shukla's claim," said senior police inspector D Rupawate.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held