Concerted effort to discredit people in high positions: Shakeel Ahmed
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
In a veiled attack on Arvind Kejriwal and his associates, Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed today alleged a concerted effort was being made to discredit people sitting in responsible positions and the people or the organisations behind it should be 'exposed'.
"A concerted effort has been launched to discredit people in responsible positions. The recent sting operation (on a news channel) should be seen whether there is any political connection to it or connected to any business interests," Ahmed, AICC spokesman, said here.
"Many things will be cleared if there is any level of probe that would satisfy all the people," he said when asked to comment on allegations pertaining to corruption cropping up almost every week.
Supporting Press Council of India Chairman Justice Markandey Katju who had asked the Boardcasting Standard Association to probe the sting operation by a TV channel on alleged misuse of funds by an NGO, Ahmed demanded a probe should also cover functioning of several other non-governmental organisations too.
"Team Anna had in its draft proposal of Jan Lokpal Bill not included NGOs because several of its members are running NGOs," he said and quoted a social media report how Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal "fell out" following a dispute over funds 'collected' during their agitation.
"This report by a social media should also be probed as Kejriwal should also come clean," Ahmed said.
Dismissing Kejriwal's allegations against Robert Vadra, the son-in-law of AICC President Sonia Gandhi, on his business deals, Ahmed said all the allegations were denied in writing by Haryana government and the DLF realty estate.
"There are over 200 people in Delhi with a business of Rs 500 crore. Why Kejriwal targeted only Robert Vadra? Because he is a relative of our president and is an indirect attack on Congress," Ahmed said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations