Cong a parking lot for criminals: Majithia
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Revenue Minister and president of the Youth Akali Dal, Bikram Majithia, on Friday accused the Congress of being a "parking lot for criminals and hooligans".
Reacting to state Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh accusing him of patronising criminals and rewarding them with party posts, Majithia said: "The Congress should self introspect and they will see for themselves the kind of patronage it had given to criminal elements."
Maintaining that he did not need advice and sermons from a person who has brought the worst kind of morals and ethics into politics, Majithia told Amarinder: "You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips."
On Thursday, while condemning the murder of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, Amari-nder had accused Majithia of "patronising goons and criminals, who had the audacity to kill an ASI who objected to his daughter being eve-teased".
Commenting on Leader of Opposition Sunil Jakhar seeking Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's resignation over the ASI murder, Majithia said: "...Jakhar should first go and seek Sonia Gandhi's resignation for patronising and rewarding people and families with criminal records."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’