Cong burns Mamata’s effigy close to her home
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
As Mamata Banerjee addressed a rally in Delhi opposing FDI in retail, close to her home at Kalighat, state Congress supporters Monday burnt the Chief Minister's effigy at a rally in support of FDI.
Even as West Bengal Pradesh Congress president Pradip Bhattacharya feebly tried to stop party workers from burning her effigy, his supporters went ahead. Political observers claim that the Congress Monday did what even the Left parties had never done during their 34 years' rule.
Congress leaders said she was inching closer to BJP. "Look at who are coming to her dharna in Delhi...BJP's L K Advani and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi are all praise for her. People will not forgive her for that," said Bhattacharya.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow