Cong MLA quits to join Trinamool
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Kolkata: Humayun Kabir, Congress MLA from Murshidabad and a loyalist of Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury resigned from the party on Friday to join Trinamool Congress. In a letter to state Congress chief President Pradip Bhattacherjee and Chowdhury, Kabir wrote: "I resign from all Congress posts." "I will also put in my papers as MLA and join the Trinamool Congress on November 20," he later said. Kabir is likely to be inducted in the ministry in a reshuffle expected next week. Another Congress MLA Krishnendu Chowdhury from the Congress stronghold of Malda district would join the TMC on November 20 and is likely to be inducted into the ministry in the ministerial reshuffle.
Tata launches new sedan
Kolkata: Tata Motors on Friday launched its next-generation car, the Tata Manza, a Club Class sedan. The motor company promises plush interiors and state-of-the-art technology features, making it the most premium sedan in its class.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'