Cong plans chintan shivir in Rajasthan in January
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Congress party's "chintan shivir" is likely to be held in Rajasthan in January, although the exact venue is yet to be decided. While the possibility of Jaipur as a host city is ruled out, other options like Neemrana and Mount Abu are being explored, said party sources.
The ruling party's brainstorming camp assumes significance given that it would re-draw its strategy depending on its performance in Himachal Pradesh and Gujarat Assembly elections. It could also be the last such big conclave of senior leaders including, among others, chief ministers, CLP leaders and PCC chiefs, ahead of the 2014 general elections and the Assembly elections in Karnataka, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi in 2013.
Crucial issues like the party's stand on coalition politics and Telangana statehood demand, among others, are likely to be deliberated upon at the chintan shivir.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow