Congress delegates’ conference on Dec 26
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In order to start preparations for the Lok Sabha elections, the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) will be organising a one-day delegates' conference on December 26. To be chaired by state party president Nirmal Khatri, the conference will also be attended by Digvijay Singh, AICC general secretary in charge of UP.
All district and city presidents, members of AICC from the state as well as UPCC members will participate in the conference, besides all party MPs and legislators of the state, zonal presidents and vice-presidents, and leaders of frontal organisations.
Party spokesperson Virendra Madan said: "The main aim will be to prepare the party's plan for the Lok Sabha elections, discuss major issues and pass political and economic resolutions in view of the elections."
AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi had sent a circular to state Congress committees to organise delegate conferences of state party leaders before December 31. The conference is also being viewed as the preparatory meeting for the Congress's Chintan Shivir to be held in Jaipur from January 18.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM