Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi to visit Punjab
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will be on a two-day visit to Punjab from Wednesday during which he will interact with party cadres.
After landing at Raja Sansi Airport at Amritsar he will straightway drive to the venue of his first meeting on the Airport Road itself, a party spokesman said last night.
He will be received by the Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh and other senior party leaders from Punjab.
During the first session, he will be addressing the office bearers of the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee, the PCC members, the members of the executive body, the district Congress committee presidents, the block presidents and present and former MPs and MLAs.
The Congress leader will also interact with the heads of the four frontal organisations of the party including the Punjab Mahila Congress, the NSUI, the Punjab Youth Congress.
Later, he will address a convention being organised by the Punjab Youth Congress on the Attari border.
Next day Rahul will meet the former PCC and district presidents at the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee office.
Later in the day he will address a students' rally being organised by the Punjab unit of the National Students' Union of India in the Punjab University.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow