Congress' Mani Shankar Aiyar calls MPs 'animals'
Sitaram Yechury (CPI-M) urged the Chair "you put it on record that the Privilege Committee will look into it".
Deputy Leader of BJP in the Rajya Sabha Ravi Shankar Prasad and his colleagues Balbir Punj and Rajiv Pratap Rudy said the statement coming from a politician who had also been a diplomat and once got the best Parliamentarian award is unfortunate.
"If a person like him makes such a remark, it is unfortunate and a matter of privillege...we are talking about insult to the House," Rudy said.
Aiyar is not new to controversies. At the height to the Commonwealth Games controversies, he had said he wished the sport event turned out to be a failure. He had also compared it with a circus.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow