Congress nominates two to MC committees
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The opposition Congress finally nominated its members to two major bodies of the Municipal Corporation — finance and house tax committees.
The decision came six months after the MC elections took place.
While Sanjay Talwar and Gurpreet Gogi were nominated to finance and house tax committee respectively, councillor Balkar Sandhu was nominated as chairman of Ludhiana Congress councillors.
Bharat Bhushan Ashoo, MLA, Ludhiana (west), said, "As per the orders of Captain Amarinder Singh and nomination letters sent by him, they are our official nominees for finance committee and house tax committee. We gave those letters to the councillors concerned."
The opposition had elected Hemraj Aggarwal as its leader recently after a lot of delay due to factionalism in the party and lack of consensus after which Captain Amarinder Singh called for elections. Thus for the first time, elections were held in Chandigarh to elect the leader of opposition.
The MC house has not met even once since the elections except to elect the mayor.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations