Congress orders probe into Ramdev land deal
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
The BJP government's decision to give a prime land in solan district to Yoga guru Baba Ramdev has come under the scanner of the Congress government, which has decided to get the allotment inquired into following allegations of irregularities and violations of the law.
Revenue minister Kaul Singh Thakur said, "As per the revenue rules, no foreign national can be allotted land in the state and we have come to know that lease was signed with Acharya Balkrishna, a close associate of Baba Ramdev, who is a Nepali national.
"We will also probe the role of a BJP minister in the deal as it was a clear favour given to Yoga guru." The prime land was leased out for one-time payment of over Rs 17 lakh and annual token lease money of Re 1.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'