Congress prepares to welcome Bansal
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The city unit of the Congress is all set to welcome Union Minister Pawan Bansal on his first visit to the city after taking over as the Railways Minister. Bansal will reach Chandigarh Airport on Thursday evening.
The Congress leaders plan to welcome him with pomp and show. Celebrations had been held outside his house on Sunday when his name was announced as the Railways Minister. Bansal was in New Delhi at that time. The city unit of the Congress now intends to take out a procession from the airport to Bansal's residence. Plans for the same were chalked out on Wednesday.
Congress leaders stated that the Railways Ministry has been given to a leader from the north after more than a decade and half. It was time to celebrating the occasion. They further stated that it was a matter of honour for the city as it was for the first time that an MP from a Union Territory was given the charge.
Bansal's appointment has raised the expectations of people in the region, including the adjoining states, for better facilities and additional rail connectivity. The focus of the Railways Ministry has been the states of Bihar and West Bengal over the past few years.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow