Container mishap hits E-way traffic for three hours
Traffic on the Pune-Mumbai Expressway came to a standstill for nearly three hours at Borghat in the early hours of Saturday after a container turned on a sharp turn. The heavy traffic owing to weekend added to the problem, police said.
The Highway police control room said around 6 am a heavy container turned on its side on a sharp turn at Amrutanjan Point and blocked the entire Pune-Mumbai lane.
Assistant police inspector S M Mane said, "We first called the IRB crane to remove the vehicle from the road. We first opened one of the sub-lanes of Pune-Mumbai side and cleared the way for blocked vehicles. The traffic was crawling for after that."
Police said the speeding container turned on its side after it hit the fencing. Police said moving the container took more than an hour because it was loaded. The queues of vehicles were as long as 2 kilometers, police said. The traffic was brought back to its normal flow around 9 am.
Newsline had recently reported that one of the infrastructural changes demanded by the highway police was improvements at the Amrutanjan Point.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow