Convict shot on way to Saharanpur court
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A convict was shot dead in police custody while being taken to attend a court hearing in Saharanpur while a murder accused was shot at by another undertrial in lock-up on the court premises in Rae Bareli district on Wednesday. A passerby was killed and a woman suffered bullet injury in the Saharanpur shooting. On Tuesday, an undertrial was shot at in police custody on the court premises in Unnao district.
Rae Bareli Superintendent of Police (SP) Prem Narayan said that murder accused Chandra Prakash alias Kukki, who is lodged in Kanpur jail and was brought to Rae Bareli, was shot at by another undertrial Rahul Singh in the lock-up on the court premises around 2 pm. He said Kukki suffered a bullet injury.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow