Cop arrested for accepting Rs 8,000 bribe
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The state Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB), Pune, arrested an assistant sub-inspector attached to Daund police station for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 8,000.
The complaint was filed by Bhagwan Haushiram Jagtap (25), a farmer from Khorwadi village in Daund Taluka of Pune district.
According to the ACB, Bhagwan's cousin Bapu Jagtap had picked up a brawl with neighbour Lala Gaikwad on September 9. Both Jagtap and Gaikwad registered cross complaints against each other at Daund police station.
Assistant sub inspector Rajendra Bhaulal Pawar (50) said he would have to arrest Bapu Jagtap and his father in the case. Following this, Bhagwan requested Pawar not to arrest them. However, Pawar demanded bribe from Bhagwan to let them off. Bhagwan gave Rs 2,000 to Pawar on Thursday but Pawar asked for Rs 8,000 more to avoid their arrest. Bhagwan then filed a complaint with the ACB, Pune.
A team of ACB led by inspectors Rajendra Vibhandik and Ashwini Satpute laid a trap at Daund police station and nabbed Pawar red-handed while accepting a bribe of Rs 8,000. Inspector Vibhandik is probing the case.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet