Cop in dock for sexist remark
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Told to attend PR workshop.
The DGP Headquarters have sought an explanation from Additional SP (ASP) of Deoria district Keshav Chand Goswami for allegedly making an objectionable remark about a molestation victim on Friday.
The ASP, while inquiring about the 40-year-old victim's complaint, reportedly reacted on camera in the presence of other cops, "Itni purani aurat se kaun balatkar karega (who will rape such an old woman)?"
Inspector General (IG) Law & Order R K Vishwakarma apologised on behalf of the ASP, referring to his statement as unfortunate and saying that an explanation had been sought from the officer within two days.
The IG added that the DGP Headquarters will hold a workshop on public relations for officers who have been recently promoted to Additional SP rank. Goswami was a deputy SP and was promoted to SP rank last month. He was posted in Deoria on March 11.
The SP said that the woman's husband had lodged a complaint at Bankata police station yesterday alleging that Santosh Kumar Singh of his village had molested her when she was returning home from the field around 9.30 pm on March 20. The accused is yet to be arrested.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow