Bengal Cop kicks pregnant woman
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A sub-inspector posted at Kashipur police station in Purulia has been accused of kicking a pregnant woman at Ketalkeyari village on Tuesday evening when he, along with three constables, went to arrest a man after reportedly receiving complaints of domestic violence.
Anil Malakar (35) was asleep when the police team raided his house. His wife Sita tried to stop them and was allegedly kicked in the stomach and chest by the S-I.
After police took away Anil, Sita complained of a severe stomach ache and had to be admitted to Purulia district hospital, where she is currently undergoing treatment.
SP of Purulia C Sudhakar brushed aside the allegation saying the woman was trying to stop the police from arresting Anil and fell down. "Police have nothing to do with her getting hurt," he said.
Police, including the SP refused to identify the S-I. Sources said the woman was warned by the police against filing complaint against the S-I.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow